Wednesday 6 April 2011

Walkshop Analysis on Folie Design

After two weeks of experiencing Howard Smith Wharves, I collected the data for possible folie placement.

1. Surrounding Building Function
From the analysis, I saw that the buildings near the site are mostly mixed use residentials. Thus, circulation of people around the site is very intense.

2. Type of Transportation
Since the first day I came to HSW, I found that the area become the heart of the transportation circulation. All of the vehicles that used by the city are passing through the site. Thus, the site is very potential to create a place of attraction like folie.

3. Possible Circulation
After experiencing the site over and over, I made the data about the circulation for recording the intensity of how people get into it.

4. Intensity of the Site Use
Most of the people that passed through the area were workers, students and tourists. They were using bikes, skates, inlines, or by walking.

5. Wind Circulation
I recorded the wind movement which mostly came from west, and met with little breeze from the east. It was making the site very breezy, and comfortable.

6. Thermal Condition
Trees around the site could be the sign of level of humidity during the area. I recorded it, as my experience to go back and forth the area. The area I chose was quite humid, though there was still wind moving around the area.

From that analysis, the site is very potential to put a space for relaxing and relieving stress. In fact, the most of the people used that area when they go and come back from working area. This natural features should be used better to create emphasize to the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment